Australian Association of Community, Aged and Disability Workers
Australian Association of Community, Aged and Disability Workers is a professional organisation dedicated to advocating for and on behalf of community workers and their clients nationwide. We represent the interests of both the public and our members, acting as an intermediary body for both parties. Our organisation believes in maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders and advocating for fair outcomes for all.
Create a unified voice for the community service profession and aide community workers to reach their full potential
Any and all colleges which provide authentic and nationally recognised community worker qualifications will be accepted by our organisation
What we offer
We offer a range of services to our members including career opportunities, certified courses for personal development and up to date resources
- Professional authentication and recognition of community worker education qualifications
- Strengthening of networks through AACAD membership
- Mediation between community worker and client concerns and communications
Complaints and professional services
Here at AACAD we take professional misconduct very seriously. We handle complaints for our members and mitigate complaints for our members.
AACAD provides a quarterly e-newsletter to keep members informed of relevant events and updates within our organisation and the industry as a whole.
Aims and objectives
- To exist as an intermediary body for Australian community workers and their clients
- To set, monitor and improve upon current professional standards within Australian community service practice
- To assess and authenticate community worker qualifications
- To facilitate effective intermediation pertaining to community worker & client concerns
- To promote community workers’ professional development and growth
What is a community worker?
If an individual is a community worker, they exhibit the following behaviours and education:
- They have an appropriate qualification from a certified college
- They have been verified in their knowledge and their commitment to the industry
- They engage in the continual development of their industry skills
- They engage their clients with the highest regard following the code of conduct developed by the certified practising community workers in Australia.